What are Barefoot Sandals?
People all around the world, and for much of human history have used “barefoot sandals” for almost any activity:
- Walking — casually, around town, or on trails
- Hiking / Camping — or as a camp shoe
- Running — even long distances, like ultra marathons
- Active Recovery — from when you ran in something other than sandals
- Travel — because they’re so lightweight and packable
- Beach, spa, or gym use
- Yoga — it’s like having a yoga mat under your feet at all times
While “barefoot” and “sandals” sound mutually exclusive — you’re either barefoot or you’re not — the term is used for minimalist sandals that let your feet bend, flex, and move as if you were in bare feet, plus give you a layer of protection, and are lightweight.
You can find ready-to-wear styles with both thong and “sport” webbing, or do-it-yourself “DIY” sandal making kits.
Looking to buy barefoot sandals right now? Visit xeroshoes.com – we ship internationally!